🙏 Dandvat Pranam 🙏
In the recent times, since spiritual practice and the rituals of shraddha/bhagti bhawna (Rites for the deceased) are not performed as before, most people face problems due to the subtle-bodies of ancestors. Only evolved individuals can advise if there is a possibility of a problem in the future or if an existing problem is due to the subtle-bodies of deceased ancestors.
To prevent problems or to overcome a mild problem, chant ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ daily for one to two hours. At other times, to prevent problems arising out of destiny and for spiritual progress, an average individual or seeker in the primary stage should chant the Name of his Kuladevata (Family Shri) as much as is possible.
If you are not fortunate enough to be guided by an evolved individual, then inferring that inability to find a suitable marriage partner, marital disharmony, inability to conceive, miscarriages, giving birth to a premature child, giving birth to a retarded or handicapped child, deaths in childhood etc. are problems which could be due to subtle-bodies of deceased ancestors, undertake spiritual practice as advised ahead.
If the problem is moderate in nature, chant ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ along with the Name of your Kuladevata for two to four hours daily. Also, go to a Datta temple every Thursday and perform seven circumambulations, and chant one to two malas of ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ in the temple. Do this for about a year. After this, chant three malasof ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ everyday.
By chanting the Name of Shri Datta in Pitrupaksha(The dark fortnight of the Hindu lunar month of Bhadrapad, when rites are performed for the deceased ancestors), the onward sojourn of the ancestors is faster. Hence, during this period, chant for atleast six hours (or seventy-two malas) daily.
Mahurgad, Maharashtra (MAHURGUD) is the famous place in the Mahanubhava Panth. It is the birth place of Lord Shree Dattatreya. This place is visited by thousands of Piligrims throughout the year. Mahurgad is the one of the most important place in Daily rituals of Prabhu Shree Dattatreya #dandvatpranam
What does purans says
1. The Bhagavata-purana and the Markandeya-purana, are the most authoritative sources on the Dattatreya-avatara and they identify Him exclusively with Lord Vishnu.
2. Atreh patny anasuuyaa triin~ jajn~e suyashasah sutaan dattam duurvaasasam somam aatmesha-brahma- sambhavaan (Srimad Bhagavatam 4.1.15)
3. The Vishnu-dharmottara Purana describes in great detail the iconographic details of the avatara-s of Lord Vishnu and here is the reference for Sri Dattatreya
4. Brahmanda Purana says–“Lord Dattatreya gave the memory of Vedas to the Vedamurthy Sree Brahma Deva Himself.
5. The Upanishads Avadhutopanishad and Jaabaaldarshanopanishad mention that the philosophy is given by Shri Dattatreya.
6. Upanishads and Puranas are openly telling and Guru avatharas are guiding us to recite Datta Nama Smaran.
Shri Dattaguru is always ready on his toes to reach those who remember him and shower his unbounded blessings on them. Come forward and recognize him and join his mission by serve him in the propagation of Datta Nama to make your materialistic life easy and create your path to reach the stage of SALVATION by glorifying the Glory of Lord Dattatreya.
🙏 जय श्री दत्तात्रेय जी 🙏
Source of information